Music in IV parts
RHYS CHATHAM & NICO GUERRERO
Rhys Chatham is an composer, guitarist and trumpet player from Manhattan, currently living in Paris, who altered the DNA of rock and created a new type of urban music by fusing the overtone-drenched minimalism of the early 60s with the relentless, elemental fury of the Ramones – the textural intricacies of the avant-garde colliding with the visceral punch of electric guitar-slinging punk rock.
Starting with the Guitar Trio in the 70s and culminating with a Crimson Grail for 200 electric guitars in 2009, Chatham has been working for over 30 years to make use of armies of electric guitars in special tunings to merge the extended-time music of the 60′ and 70′ with serious hard rock.
On May 2015 in Paris, Nico and Rhys have worked up a set of instrumental compositions in 4 parts. Using their different instruments and sound textures as harmonic palette, they conceive an alchemic and organic music where the colors merge, perspectives constantly move and transform into an infinity of shades, inviting the listeners to an hypnotic and magic celebration of sounds.
- Rhys Chatham : alto/bass flute in C, guitar in Pythagorean tuning, trumpet
- Nico Guerrero : electric guitar & electronics
Music: Rhys Chatham and Nico Guerrero
Booking: Pascal Tippex at Julie Tippex Booking Agency
Duration: 72 minutes
- Part I [alto/bass flute in C & el. guitar 21:20
- Part II [el. guitar in Pythagorean tuning and el. guitar] 21:30
- Part III [trumpet & el. guitar] 18:40
- Part IV [el. guitar in Pythagorean tuning and el. guitar] 10:20
Videos: Live and Workshop